Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Osceolas in Ocala

Old 02-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Spike

Default Osceolas in Ocala

I have drawn a tag to go after some birds in florida. The only problem is I have no clue what im doing. I drew the lake delancy unit and im hoping that someone on here might be able to give me some advice about the trip im planning. Ive killed my fair share of easterns in ky and tn but this is the first time ive had the opportunity to kill a different sub-species of turkey. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kentuckybucks; 02-28-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Spike

The birds I've hunted have gobbled more on the roost than at any time once they hit the ground. It's like they shut up completely. I'd try to locate them on the roost the evening before the hunt and set up on a field edge near them. I call only with clucks and purrs and only do light yelps before it's time to fly down. Also, do not over call. These birds are tough to hunt and are very elusive. The easterns I've hunted would gobble at a loud fart, not so with osceolas. Good luck and if there are any other questions feel free to ask.