Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Struttin' In SE Alabama

Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Struttin' In SE Alabama

Buddy of mine sent me trail camera photos take where we hunt of 3 long beards strutting like crazy to a group of 4 hens, right in the middle of a food plot.

So the annual spring ritual has begun for these Toms.

Season still about 3 weeks away !
Old 02-23-2013, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default photo

great! where are the photo's anyway

cheers
Old 02-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thats awesome
Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Good to hear. My father-in-law got a report of about 20+ birds still flocked up in southern Tennessee. I was afraid that it would get warm too quick here in the South and they would be finished before the good part of the season got going. Last year the hens seemed to be going to nest earlier than normal.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default strutting stuff

not sure what it means. i seem to see turkey strutting just about all year long, kinda like you can get a bull elk to bugle all year long at least some of the time;

cheers
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

14 ga. The photos that Eddie has from one of his trail cameras clearly shows 3 long beards strutting in front of a handful of hens. If I can figure out how to post the photo I will.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default strutting stuff

headed to n. w. kansas mid of next week to set up my blind for the start of bow season. like to get them up a few weeks early so the turkey get used to them. using a gun isn't really necessary but the way i shoot a bow, i gotta get close. i expect to see a lot of birds and some of them will be walking around like they own the place and the ladies too. here is a shot of last spring, going or two more this year

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Struttin' In SE Alabama-turkey-002.jpg  
Old 02-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Struttin like Ruttin is a good thing for us who like bustin Birds. Let the festivities begin!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Toms in some parts of Big Island started strutting around New Years, but things are really going off now. One day and a wake up until the season opener!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

The weather here in the southeastern US is really MESSING up the birds. Hopefully, the weather will moderate and I can introduce a big TOM to my HeviShot MAGNUM BLEND Shells.........