Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Help Finding a Midwest Turkey Hunt Needed >

Help Finding a Midwest Turkey Hunt Needed

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Help Finding a Midwest Turkey Hunt Needed

Old 02-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Spike

Default Help Finding a Midwest Turkey Hunt Needed

Hey guys, I'm always trying to learn about new places to turkey hunt. I’m not really looking for fully outfitted hunts, rather something more along the lines of “self-guided” or “trespass fee” type hunts. Just looking for access to some good land to hunt for a few days for 1 or 2 guys. Lodging would be a plus, but certainly not required. I’m an experienced turkey hunter with plenty of gear.

I’m looking at MO, KS, NB, or possibly SD or ND. I know IA is a draw, but would be interested in anything there as well. I know some deer outfitters don’t do much on their land/leases for spring turkey as far as guiding hunters, but it would be a nice way to make some extra money without a lot of work for them.

Please shoot me a PM if you have anything to offer, know of anybody, or have any thoughts that you would rather not post on the main forum. I would be happy to share my email or phone number upon request.

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default turkey hunt

click turkey and the state you want to hunt and there they are. if you want a merriams, northern nebraska is full of those kinds of hunts and they run a really really high success rate. don't use them but read their adds, suspect kansas which is overrun with turkey, esp. the eastern half is the same way, if you hunt during the week, kansas has a ton of walk-in areas and really liberal limits in n.e. kansas and you don't have to pay anybody

cheers
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Spike

Thanks 14 ga. I'd really like to find some self- or semi-guided options. The walk-in areas in KS sound interesting and I'll look into them.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

PM sent to ya...