Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Best turkey choke for Browning bps >

Best turkey choke for Browning bps

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Best turkey choke for Browning bps

Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best turkey choke for Browning bps

I have a Browning Bps with a 28" Invector Plus barrel.
I want to hunt turkey with it but the plain full choke that came with it doesn't pattern the best.

What Choke and shell would you recommend for the Bps?
(no hevi-shot please I cant afford it.)
Old 02-13-2013, 01:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I shoot is lead. I've taken birds out beyond 50 yd'.s with #4's and Winchester XR's I've got an Undertaker .665 on my BPS. It shoots much better than the factory turkey choke. But mine is an "invector" model.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Carlson's

Check out Carlson's choke tubes. I use them in my Browning Silver and have been very happy. I have a turkey and a mid-range waterfowl.

http://www.choketube.com/choke-tube-...ke-Tubes&mf=10
Old 02-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Spike

You shoot maybe 3 shells a year and can't afford Hevi-13? The NWTF has a still target competition to see what shell patterns the best and Hevi-13 seals the deal in every category every year. How much do ypu spend to hunt turkey every year? If you don't want to spend an extra $2 dollars per shot, you probably aren't a serious turkey hunter anyways.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by allen.riggs
You shoot maybe 3 shells a year and can't afford Hevi-13? The NWTF has a still target competition to see what shell patterns the best and Hevi-13 seals the deal in every category every year. How much do ypu spend to hunt turkey every year? If you don't want to spend an extra $2 dollars per shot, you probably aren't a serious turkey hunter anyways.
I think the fellow asked about turkey chokes, not your biased opinion on loads.....

Guess I'm not serious either, even though I've hunted turkeys since the 70s, killed my first with a .45 flintlock in 1977...I make my own wingbone calls and have killed over 100 through the years...

I've never bought Heavi shot either simply because it just isn't needed...
Old 02-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Spike

I have a SX3. It should be the same barrel as yours. I get fantastic patterns with plain old Winchester XX 6 shot 3inch.and a Kicks .670. A buddy of mine told me about Kicks chokes. Before I started using the Kicks I was using Indian Creek and the Kicks patterned way better. Keep in mind that every gun is different and like different shot size and chokes so really there is no definitive answer to what will work the best in your gun.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by allen.riggs
I understand that hevi-shot works, But I already have accumulated many different types of shells over the years.
so why go out and buy 5 shells for $30 when I already have plenty of shells and I can buy a decent choke for that price?

I also think that it is impractical to have a turkey gun that can shoot over 40 yards when I can barley tell a tom from a jake at that range. I want my shotgun to shoot like a shotgun at 20 yards not like a rifle. and lead shot with a turkey choke allows me to have a tight pattern out to 40 yards but still have a wide enough pattern at 20 yards.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Take a look at the HeviShot Turkey choke tube....they are
the best on the market in my opinion