Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Better Turkey Vest

Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question Better Turkey Vest

I bought a Hunter Specialty Turkey Vest a few years back,it's OK but it's not holding up all that well. A thicker pad to sit on would be nice and better fasteners,better magnets to hold the pad,pockets,these are my only real complaints with mine. Any thoughts on a better Vest?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a ton of good ones out there... I like the one from mossy oak
Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

I love the Hybrid Elite III but found out today that the manufacturer (Russell Outdoors) is no longer in business. If you find one your size you better snatch it up.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bald9eagle
I love the Hybrid Elite III but found out today that the manufacturer (Russell Outdoors) is no longer in business. If you find one your size you better snatch it up.
Wing supply has this vest on closeout for $35. Here's a link:
http://www.wingsupply.com/search.php...ry=turkey+vest
Old 02-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RIStrutStopper
Wing supply has this vest on closeout for $35. Here's a link:
http://www.wingsupply.com/search.php...ry=turkey+vest

I wish I had checked back in on this thread before I spent a couple hours searching the web. Just bought one to go with the one I have.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Redhead vests with the self supporting seats. You can adjust the side straps on the fly to help level you out on hilly terrain and pretty much anywhere you set up on a bird. The seat flops down quick and also locks back into place with a magnet when you decide to move around. It's got other straps that adjust to your height and fat belly circumference too. I adjust mine then cut the straps and burn the edges to get the slack outta the way. I've gone through two of them in the last 10 years and won't buy anything but this type. The last one I bought is made of a lot higher quality material than the last so it should last another 5 years or until they make a better one. They're very affordable too. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

I purchased the Cabela's tactical tat'r 2 in the off season and it is the best/most comfortable turkey vest I have ever used or seen. plus, the pockets and everything are in the perfect spots.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks all,I will check these out.