Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New to fall turkey

Old 10-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

In my 42 years hunting turkey I believe the following information should aid you in getting a turkey. The important thing in fall turkey hunting is to find the food source whether it be corn, acorns and/or grapes etc. Find a water source in extremely dry conditions and check out the sign around it. If they are using it you should find scratching, tracks or feathers near it. If there are turkey in a given area they will scratch at sometime and this will aid you in locating them. Your best bet is to locate a flock and break them up, hopefully shooting one on the bust. If they are busted good setup near where you broke them and make some clucks and kee-kee runs. If the bust occurs in the afternoon or near dark and you son't get one go back to that spot the next morning and make some calls. I have shot many turkeys the next morning after they were busted the night before. If they don't respond right away still hunt a little at a time and call when you stop. For saftey reasons it is not good to call while walking someone might think your a turkey and shoot ( yeah they are out there). There are other considerations that you'll only get from experience and some will be hard lessons, but it is worth it. Good luck.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:25 AM
JasmineRice

I have hunted them only once in my life. I got too much of difficulties hunting of them. So I lifted hunting them. But very recently I got very easy method of hunting them and so going to try with it.