Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

2-3/4" vs. 3"

Old 04-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Call them in close (BTW - which is the reason a lot of us hunt them) you can kill'em with almost any reasonable set-up. If you are into shooting at turkeys at 75 yards you'll need a "special rig" or you might what to reconsider and choose a new game animal IMO .
Old 04-11-2012, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
"Seems to me you're looking further into MY post than ME, who wrote it. If you dont assume anything, dont ASSUME I was referring to "within 40 yards"."

Sir---You need to remember that there are many people just getting into hunting that ask questions and to not give a complete answer is not doing them any good, and, in fact, could do harm. Without telling the guy that you keep your shots inside 25 yards with the modified choke, and if I had not made my post, there may have been a good chance that he would have figured that just because he used that 3" shell that he could shoot out to 40 or 50 yards. Therefore, don't assume anything or you know what the old saying is if you do, LOL!
I think if the OP had a question regarding my post, HE would ask. I dont need to be graded on my post.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

"I think if the OP had a question regarding my post, HE would ask. I dont need to be graded on my post."

There you go "assuming" again, LOL! Seems you are rather irritable when someone is just trying to help a guy and adds what may be a very important factor in the turkey hunting equation---distance! See the post by Sheridan as he knows what he's talking about!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-11-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

"I think if the OP had a question regarding my post, HE would ask. I dont need to be graded on my post."

There you go "assuming" again, LOL! Seems you are rather irritable when someone is just trying to help a guy and adds what may be a very important factor in the turkey hunting equation---distance! See the post by Sheridan as he knows what he's talking about!
Yes he does. But that definetely doesnt mean I DONT. And that has nothing to do with anything I said. Give it up already.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody said you didn't know what you were talking about! All was said is that possibly you didn't add enough to the discussion to insure the OP didn't mess up and wound a bird by shooting too far with that modified choke since you didn't tell him what distance you tried to stay within, so I did. You sure get your panties in a wad when someone is just trying to help a person that asked a question with a little additional information. At least now the OP knows what he should do to pattern his gun. What town are you in over on the east side?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nobody said you didn't know what you were talking about! All was said is that possibly you didn't add enough to the discussion to insure the OP didn't mess up and wound a bird by shooting too far with that modified choke since you didn't tell him what distance you tried to stay within, so I did. You sure get your panties in a wad when someone is just trying to help a person that asked a question with a little additional information. At least now the OP knows what he should do to pattern his gun. What town are you in over on the east side?

On the East Side? Are you kidding me? Now you are pushing things too far.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Spike

Full choke. Better range and more lead on target!!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

"On the East Side? Are you kidding me? Now you are pushing things too far."

Geez, are you paranoid too, LOL! Is there something wrong with being from the east side? The reason I asked is that I thought I remembered a post from sometime back where you mentioned where you lived and I was wondering where you lived and if you hunted close to home. Sorry I "pushed things too far", whatever in the he** that means! If you're over on the west side near me (Allegan) give me a shout sometime as I have a couple good turkey spots over toward Martin.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

TG,

When you extend your hand and someone slaps it away, it's time to move on..................

Don't let that stop you from offering your knowledge & experience to youngsters and novice hunter !!!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

"On the East Side? Are you kidding me? Now you are pushing things too far."

Geez, are you paranoid too, LOL! Is there something wrong with being from the east side? The reason I asked is that I thought I remembered a post from sometime back where you mentioned where you lived and I was wondering where you lived and if you hunted close to home. Sorry I "pushed things too far", whatever in the he** that means! If you're over on the west side near me (Allegan) give me a shout sometime as I have a couple good turkey spots over toward Martin.
Are u referring to the east side of Saginaw? Or east side of Michigan?

Kinda wondering who slapped A helping hand away? Because I myself never asked for help nor do I need it regarding this topic. If that was implied for someone else then never mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.