Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

patterning help.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default patterning help.

shootingmy Remington 1187 super mag. Went to pattern it tonight using hevi shot magnum blends 31/2 inch with primos jelly head. 3 shots all hit low and to the left. How do I fix this?

Last edited by RyanVT; 04-09-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have adjustable sights? If so, move your rear sight up and to the left.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

no I just have the single bead at the end of the barrel.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Spike

Different shells will have different points of impact,If you are deadset for shooting the Magblends you need to look into some adjustable sights or maybe a red dot sight.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

I find it weird cause I changed choke tubes and took out my jellyhead and put in the undertaker. had a diffrent POI. But that shouldnt make that much of a diffrence should it? maybe its shooter error. ordered more shells even tho there so expensive but the 20 yard pattern crazy.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like what Miram said about getting adjustable sights or a red dot. I think that MIGHT be your only option if that continues.

I out a Mueller MX-1 red dot on my Mossberg 835 and I have really good luck with it. One of the few red dot sights on the market that can consistently handle the beating a 3.5" Mag will dish out and still stay on zero.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:35 AM
Spike

That's what I need to do on my Mossberg as well. I'm looking at the Mueller Quick Shot, but I was also eyeballing the MX-1. they seem nice and at an affordable price.

Originally Posted by kdsberman
I like what Miram said about getting adjustable sights or a red dot. I think that MIGHT be your only option if that continues.

I out a Mueller MX-1 red dot on my Mossberg 835 and I have really good luck with it. One of the few red dot sights on the market that can consistently handle the beating a 3.5" Mag will dish out and still stay on zero.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

You could always modify your sight picture slightly to cure the elevation issue. If you're sure the gun also shoots to one side, that can also be compensated for. Just don't forget when it comes time to shoot a bird.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

ya thats what im worried about ive never had to correct my aim like this. also shoots low and to the left with winchester supremes both chokes. These red dot scopes can you still see the red dot when the suns out? the ones ive had you couldnt. also were real cheap