Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Who Else Loves the Hevi13 Shells? >

Who Else Loves the Hevi13 Shells?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who Else Loves the Hevi13 Shells?

Old 04-05-2012, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
I'd like to see the whole target too! Look outside those circles man, lotsa holes and you'd be eaten that most likely!

JW
Maybe, but its non-toxic
I just picked up a box to try.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:20 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Non toxic? I was talkin' about crunchin on a piece of shot on old fillings, such a I have! I just see the the outside ring wit h the other fliers is all. Small sized shot does that.
I am glad the author posted. He likes his Hevis and it works well for him. He has taking the time to pattern the gun and that is a musts that many make the mistake and don't do! He uses a red dot is another key function as he stated. With today's choke tubes and shot combos all we are really doing is shooting a "SLUG" of shot. Close in, and I mean less than 10 yards one could easily miss. The red dot sight or tru glo or scope will prevent that! Make note of that.

All I am saying that Hevis ain't the end all load to a cure all as there are other loads and choke tube combos that work just as well and are less expensive.

JW