Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Kent Cartridge Ultimate Turkey loads? >

Kent Cartridge Ultimate Turkey loads?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Kent Cartridge Ultimate Turkey loads?

Old 03-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Kent Cartridge Ultimate Turkey loads?

Has anyone tried these out?

I was browsing the web when i found them and they seem to be relatively cheaper than most other turkey loads (about) $6.

They claim to have "Kent's hard hitting Diamond Shot lead"
I'm probably going try them out along with other turkey loads.

find them here
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/30310630-1.html
Old 03-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Spike

I read & heard good things about the Kent Turkey loads,? I have not tried them out as of yet.? I am still using the Remington Duplex 4x6 Turkey loads,? with my Kick's turkey choke,? on my Moss 500 12 GA. gun,? With great success.?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

I used them last year and i will def be using them again this year. They are the best value IMO... If it matters.... I shot two birds last year and dropped them in their tracks with 3 1/2 6 shot. One at 36 yards and the other at 42.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ek_buckmaster
I used them last year and i will def be using them again this year. They are the best value IMO... If it matters.... I shot two birds last year and dropped them in their tracks with 3 1/2 6 shot. One at 36 yards and the other at 42.
Thanks i planed on getting some anyways just wanted some input.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Kent, bought out the old "ACTIV" shell company years ago. Activ back then, came out with a 2 1/4oz turkey load in the 3" shell called their "Penetrator series". Many, have been trying to buy up what's left of those shells over the years. personally, I haven't tried any loads by Kent as yet, but what I do like about this shell company is that they use "Nickle plated shot" which I feel hits better than copper plated shot. If I were to ever switch back to lead shot again, I would use Kent loads in #4's or #5's.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by maytom
Kent, bought out the old "ACTIV" shell company years ago. Activ back then, came out with a 2 1/4oz turkey load in the 3" shell called their "Penetrator series". Many, have been trying to buy up what's left of those shells over the years. personally, I haven't tried any loads by Kent as yet, but what I do like about this shell company is that they use "Nickle plated shot" which I feel hits better than copper plated shot. If I were to ever switch back to lead shot again, I would use Kent loads in #4's or #5's.

Mr Paul , You are so right. Still have a case of Activ #5
Old 03-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Adrian, your a lucky guy to have bought that many!!! I bet you could name your price!!! LOL!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some of the kent turkey loads and they pattern ok... I like Win better!!!

Last edited by Mr. Longbeard; 03-15-2012 at 09:45 PM.