Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Help with RIO Hunt

Old 03-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Help with RIO Hunt

My buddy texted me and wants me to find a Rio hunt for 5-6 guys so he can finish off his slam.

I've researched some of the outfitter review sites, but would like some opinions from you guys about any recommended outfitters.

Thanks.

Brandon
Old 03-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Spike

Never had the opportunity to hunt them. Hope you find someone to hook you up. Goodluck.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:48 AM
Fork Horn

Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Your killin me guys. How about some help.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

I have never used an outfitter so I coudnt be any help with that, you might want to check with public land hunting
Old 03-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I go to Texas every year to hunt Rios. There are good outfitters everywhere. The more people you have, the better rate you can usually get. Some may have a maximum of 4 hunters, others more. I love chasing Rios. They are usually a little easier to hunt than Easterns, but pressured and henned up Rios can be tough also. How much are you wanting to spend? How many birds are you wanting to take? If you need some contacts, I can give you the info on some places that won't cost you a grand per hunter. There are some good places where you can take two gobblers plus lodging for under $800.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing, don't waste your time trying to find public land to hunt. It's few and far between and usually crowded on weekends. I have hunted LBJ Grasslands a few times. I've killed a couple out there, but there are fewer and fewer birds there every year. My advice is to go on a semi guided hunt, that is if you and your group know what you are doing when it comes to turkey hunting. Just let me know and I will help you find a place.