Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Best turkey decoys

Old 02-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Spike

I don't have any DSD decoys yet, but am working on it. I do hunt with my buddy the knows Dave Smith and gets free decoys from him and the toms go to his two DSD hens everytime when in a flock with other decoys. Price kind of sucks, but I have seen the results.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Spike

I have used B - Mobil for a couple of seasons.if I plan on sittin for long I carry it in. For Runnin and gunnin I may use my featherflex hen. B Mobil has gotten beat up quite a bit. Lol!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I guess everyone has their favorites. Mine happens to be the new line of Feather-Flex foam decoys using their "flocked" process. I have both the jake and the hen, very life like. The color on the jake is more realistic (black vs brown). The fact that they can be folded up and placed into a decoy bag is great. Very light weight too.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

I've got mounted hens that I make and have had great success with them. I'd love to get a DSD strutter or jake for the show but am afraid that a tom might shy away from them if he isn't a dominant bird.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

I'll be buying two of the Zink decoys next week. My company has a safety program that gives out points for filling out safety surveys. I'm 60 points shy of getting 2, and heck, they are free to me so why not!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

I have both a full strut and a half strut decoy and the last couple of years, I've found the half strut to be better all around over the full strut. The full strut sometimes intimidates younger gobblers. Full strut now stays in the truck except on special occasions.

Gman
Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Spike

Again To many of a selection out there.? Myself I have had loads of success with the Cherokee Billy bad Act.? & mixed with other brand of hen's decoys with Billy.? check out Cherokee's Web site they have free videos that you can watch on their web site of their decoys in action.? I bought mine at Wally-World a few years ago,? & have no complaints about it.?