Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Feeding wild turkeys

Old 01-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Spike

Default Feeding wild turkeys

I live in KY were it's legal to feed wild game on certain dates. If I wanted to attract turkey into an area what kind of feed would I need to use? I have baited deer for long time and I noticed on my trail cam that turkeys are usually hit and miss.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

I feed them Lead...
Old 01-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gun870guy
I feed them Lead...
lmao!! that's what they love right?
but on a more serious note, I have a deer feeder that feeds corn and the turkey seem to LOVE that because I have more pics of turkey than deer on my trail cam!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:56 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

I agree, you can never go wrong with corn. We also broadcast wheat or milo on logging roads right after deer season to check the birds out. They seem to like that too.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

shelled corn. they cleaned me out this past deer season. I would have 200-300 pics a day on my cams cause they would stay in my piles for over an hour. Also acorns but Im pretty sure those are all gone by now. Since im not baiting anymore noticed my birds have moved into my fields that used to be planted with peanuts and are just eating some green grass looking stuff thats coming up. They wont eat my deer foodplots though guess they dont like clover, cowpeas, or rape.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, from what I have seen on my leases when I put corn out, there are turkey tracks as well as deer tracks. Where I hunt there is no baiting during the spring turkey season.