Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Simmons Pro Diamond Scope >

Simmons Pro Diamond Scope

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Simmons Pro Diamond Scope

Old 01-28-2002, 07:54 PM

Default Simmons Pro Diamond Scope

Has anyone had or knows someone who had any probelms or complaints about the Simmons Pro diamond Scope? i am looking to see if anyone had probelms with it in the rain or fogging up on a damp morning. The higher priced scopes like Nikon and pentex or leupold say they are waterproof,fogproof and shock resistant but the Simmons does not state that in there add. I am sure that is why the Simmons is $200 less.If money wasn't an issue I would buy the Nikon Pro Turkey scope tommorrow but it is. Thanks
TURK4RF
Old 01-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2002, 10:01 PM

Default RE: Simmons Pro Diamond Scope

I put a Pro Diamond On my gun last year too. I Love It. Like you I considered spending some extra money and Getting either the Nikon or the Pentex. But Man them things are not cheep. I killed my bird with the simmons last spring. I shot a ton of rounds through my gun testing diferent loads and the scope held up great. No problems. I love the Diamond Rectical too. The bird I got last spring was out at about 40 yards. The yardage looke iffy untill I looked through my scope and saw he filled up the Diamond. meaning he was within range. I dont think you would be disapointed with the simmons. I did however put camo tape around my scope after I mounted it to make sure it wouldn't give off any glare. If only they made them Simmons in a como pattern.
Old 01-29-2002, 07:49 AM

They came out with realtree hardwood camo for there 1.5x5 variable scope. That is the one I am looking at. They are not in the stores yet but are in the new spring catalogs. Thanks for your respones.
Old 01-29-2002, 03:11 PM
Spike

I saw a 2x Pro Diamond that had a an internal problem. A locking ring came lose inside the scope after riding around in the truck for awhile. I've got a Weaver V3 scope on my BPS and I really like it. The price is in between the brands you mentioned. It does'nt have the circle reticle, but the fine part of the crosshairs covers exactly 10" at 40yds on 3x. They're on sale at natchezss.com for $129.

Edited by - Okdave on 01/29/2002 16:15:07