Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Close Oh So Close!

Old 10-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red face Close Oh So Close!

Came very close to shooting my first Turkey with a bow yesterday,had 7 within 25 yards moving toward me in my tree stand. They were on the edge of some thick stuff in front of me so I stood up when I thought they could not see me,but I guess they saw enough movement to ease away from me. It was the highlight of my deer hunting day,almost filled that tag but not quite.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:07 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I swear they can see thru trees with that 270 degree vision they have!

Good luck out there

JW
Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree JW,I as very careful not to stand until their view of me was blocked. When they looked up the first time I was sitting,the second time I was standing. They seems to be able to put 2X2 together and realize something is not quite right.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Ohhhh doetrain! You were definitely close!!! That's awesome - would have been cool to fill that tag!

Kim
Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

That was my opening day archery.....even though I never got a shot, I had a blast...too many eyes around, lol.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will get another chance in December with my bow,they are giving us extra time to get some of these birds out of the population this year.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

I went to my bean field to deer hunt last night and guess what greeted me on the way to my spot? 6 fine feathered friends and 1 looked to be a decent tom. It's going to have to wait till december though for the next turkey hunt. It got me pumped seeing them as soon as I hit the field,this is the same field I got my strutter in this year
Attached Thumbnails Close Oh So Close!-0505111329a.jpg  

Last edited by doetrain; 11-03-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

that's cool... I am going to try my first turkey hunt this coming spring. I seen about 3 dozen of them buggers first week of deer season. Definately would be nice to be able hunt in the spring. Plus learning to call them will be interesting.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Buckhunter46755
that's cool... I am going to try my first turkey hunt this coming spring. I seen about 3 dozen of them buggers first week of deer season. Definately would be nice to be able hunt in the spring. Plus learning to call them will be interesting.
I find it every bit as exciting if not more so than deer hunting,learning to use the calls is easy,knowing when to use them takes time and expierence season after season. If you take it up you won't be sorry because you will have a blast when you find some strutters ready for love.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

where's the LIKE button, lol.....the above comment ....so true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.