Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I'm already pumped

Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm already pumped

The future is looking bright. I had 9 jakes on my property this past season. There should be a few 2 year olds running around next Spring. I went to my property today to do some work for the upcoming deer season. I saw 10 new poults. They are actually pretty big now. At least three of them were jakes. This may not sound like a big deal for some of you with large turkey populations, but for down here where numbers have declined in the past ten years, this a sight for sore eyes. This is the 2nd year in a row we have had a successful hatch. I normally kill one or two birds on my place each year, but each year there are only one or two longbeards there. Hopefully for a while I will have more birds to choose from and have several make it to breed. Turkey season can't get here soon enough.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:03 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Sounds like it's gonna be a good season! I was also in the woods this week, helping a friend scout a new lease. He's fairly new to bow hunting and I introduced him to the turkey woods this past spring. There's no bird hunters in the club and it's loaded with turkeys!! Can't wait for spring!

Good luck next season and hunt safe
Old 08-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Future definitely looks bright! Look forward to hearing how your season goes!!!

Kim
Old 08-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sure is exciting to see turkeys on a property you own and I know how you feel.

Congrats to you for sure...
Old 08-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

A target rich invironment is a good thing. May they grow fat,with beards to trip on and spurs that look like daggers! The fall season is coming soon enough here in Indiana and I hope to bust one with my bow this year,this is my next challenge.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

I was hoping to hunt with a bow this fall, but doesn't look like I'll make it. Shotgun it is - only 5 days!

Kim
Old 08-12-2011, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Turkey Goddess
I was hoping to hunt with a bow this fall, but doesn't look like I'll make it. Shotgun it is - only 5 days!

Kim
In my area Turkey firearm season is 12 days long with 2 concurrent firearm seasons, but I'll be bow hunting for deer all that time with a turkey taking second place to the deer hunting in the fall.