Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

One of the Best is Gone

Old 05-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default One of the Best is Gone

Today my great friend David "Book" Bookout, and hands down the best turkey hunter I have ever been around, lost his short battle with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. He was diagnosed exactly 1 week ago today. Life support was removed shortly ago, and he stepped across to whatever is on the other side. I hurt, but am at the same time at peace with it because everything that could have been done was done ... and if anyone could have fought this off long enough for aggressive treatment to start, Book could have. Come March 15, 2012 (Good Lord willing)... I'll be in the woods well before sun rise, standing in the roadway where he and I have started many a morning ... waiting in patiently in the tall pines and listening carefully for a morning gobble. And I'll be thinking of Book for sure. Dam&, I am going to miss him.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Spike

I'm sorry for your loss Mojo, that first morning back in the woods is gonna be a tough one but thats where he'd want you to be.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for your loss bud ...
Old 05-25-2011, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for your loss, There is a special bond between huntin partners that only other hunters can understand.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

May your time together sharing the great outdoors soul to soul warm your heart and put a smile on your face when you thoughts turn to him. Cherish friends now and you'll have no regrets later,GOD bless you and yours.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear you lost your bud. Something tells me that he'll be right there with you next spring when that first gobble of the season sounds off.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Spike

Real sorry for your loss.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about the loss. I know how it can be extremely tough. I'm sure he would have wanted you to be out in the woods keeping his memory with you.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea lost my best friend a few years ago to brain cancer... Not a hunting season goes by that I dont think of him!!!

i feel for ya...
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry for your loss mojo- he sounds like a great man! Keep his memory alive and kill a big gobbler for him this spring!!!

Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.