Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Tagged out in Ky.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Tagged out in Ky.

Bird #1....4/19

After nothing but wind & no gobbling, i decided to check out a local WMA. Ordinarily this WMA isn't real good, but with the Ohio River out pushing birds onto the property, its worth checking out. So after a much needed if not deserved nap, i dragged myself out of the house around 3:30pm & headed out. When i got there the first field i checked out had a gap in it with another woods. I had NEVER seen turkeys there. You can imagine my surprise. I backed the truck up out of sight & made a quick move to cut them off. With my knee bummed up, im sure i looked like Festus, but i was quick enough when it counted. I got there just ahead of their arrival. 2 hens, 2 Jakes & this Tom bringing up the rear! After literally hollering at him, he stopped & put up his head at 40yds! Boom!!! Down he went for the count! A 2 yr old with 9 & 1/2" beard & 3/4 inch spurs. I guessed him to weigh approx 19 lbs!! Depending on the weather as to if i go tomorrow! I still have almost 2 weeks to go!

Bird #2.....4/28

That's right..ole turk2di busted a jake on his last few days of vacation! It was for once, an absolutely beautiful morning. I was trailing along with my buddy again. It was my day to shoot first. We had 3 gobblers within 50 yds of the field we were sitting beside, but they were across from us. Upon daylight, one finally lit in the middle of the field & in time, 10 hens & a few jakes all lit within 15 yds of the gobbler. He then went into strut & his day was underway. Unfortunately, the whole group began to feed away( dang that first hen). Paying no heed to our decoys or calling. After awhile, they feed off the property. Not long, a group of jakes buzzed within 70 yds & they too were quickly gone. Running out of time & my last hunt there, i was getting antsy! Then here come another group of jakes( next year looks good). They made the mistake of buzzing alittle too close & i busted this nice Jake & i am done in Ky.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Spike

Nice congats
Old 05-03-2011, 04:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats...
Old 05-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats !!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to you!