Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What is worse?

Old 04-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Spike

Default What is worse?

The northern guys salivating at all the dead turkeys the southern guys kill early or the southern guys pouting because their season is over and the northern guys are just getting started. I'm dying of a slow death down here! Ha! Ha! Have fun guys!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad I get an early start down here. I can also hunt in Texas til mid May if I like, so I like my situation just fine.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Im going to say that for me....anytime my season ends.. I started the clock for 2012 on 4/28. Most of my buddies are tagged out too or prefer to hunt solo, so there is only the stowing away the gear!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Come on 2012 turkey season cant wait!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I was done the second day of the season,I'm glad I'm still on the hunt six days later because I get to spend more time with my friends still hunting and out enjoying time in the woods. This is one school I don't mind going to for weeks at a time even in bad weather such as we are having this season so far.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by turk2di
Im going to say that for me....anytime my season ends.. I started the clock for 2012 on 4/28. Most of my buddies are tagged out too or prefer to hunt solo, so there is only the stowing away the gear!
Hey, if you're in Northern Kentucky I could use the help up here in SW OH. Hell, I'll even pay for the gas. These damn birds just ain't talking!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Hoyt HavocTec
Hey, if you're in Northern Kentucky I could use the help up here in SW OH. Hell, I'll even pay for the gas. These damn birds just ain't talking!
I wish I could make a late season hunt. I've been to 8 states this year and was lucky my key worked when I got home. I don't have the stones to ask my wife for another trip. Ha! Ha!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hoyt HavocTec
They talked to me for the first two weeks. The one I killed over the weekend gobbled and strutted in front of me for two hours. Patience, patience, patience.

I have so many birds that I am picking one out for next year.....
Old 05-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

I did not hear a single gobble during our season, heard one bird gobble twice before our season opened. Thank God for out of state hunting!