HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   What is worse? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/344070-what-worse.html)

Nauticstar 04-30-2011 07:39 PM

What is worse?

The northern guys salivating at all the dead turkeys the southern guys kill early or the southern guys pouting because their season is over and the northern guys are just getting started. I'm dying of a slow death down here! Ha! Ha! Have fun guys!

superstrutter 04-30-2011 08:32 PM

I'm glad I get an early start down here. I can also hunt in Texas til mid May if I like, so I like my situation just fine.

turk2di 05-01-2011 05:46 AM

Im going to say that for me....anytime my season ends.. I started the clock for 2012 on 4/28. Most of my buddies are tagged out too or prefer to hunt solo, so there is only the stowing away the gear!

swampbuster 05-01-2011 05:55 PM

Come on 2012 turkey season cant wait!

doetrain 05-02-2011 09:07 AM

Last year I was done the second day of the season,I'm glad I'm still on the hunt six days later because I get to spend more time with my friends still hunting and out enjoying time in the woods. This is one school I don't mind going to for weeks at a time even in bad weather such as we are having this season so far.

Hoyt HavocTec 05-03-2011 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by turk2di (Post 3804121)
Im going to say that for me....anytime my season ends.. I started the clock for 2012 on 4/28. Most of my buddies are tagged out too or prefer to hunt solo, so there is only the stowing away the gear!

Hey, if you're in Northern Kentucky I could use the help up here in SW OH. Hell, I'll even pay for the gas. These damn birds just ain't talking!

Nauticstar 05-04-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hoyt HavocTec (Post 3805225)
Hey, if you're in Northern Kentucky I could use the help up here in SW OH. Hell, I'll even pay for the gas. These damn birds just ain't talking!

I wish I could make a late season hunt. I've been to 8 states this year and was lucky my key worked when I got home. I don't have the stones to ask my wife for another trip. Ha! Ha!

jmedenf 05-04-2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hoyt HavocTec (Post 3805225)

They talked to me for the first two weeks. The one I killed over the weekend gobbled and strutted in front of me for two hours. Patience, patience, patience.

I have so many birds that I am picking one out for next year.....

swampbuster 05-04-2011 03:50 PM

I did not hear a single gobble during our season, heard one bird gobble twice before our season opened. Thank God for out of state hunting!