Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

SW Va bird down

Old 04-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default SW Va bird down

My buddy and I just got back from our annual weel long trip throughout VA. The only thing taken was this bird in Montgomery County. It was a very tough week as the birds didn't talk much. We did see quite a few birds but most of them were on neighboring properties. This bird was shot at 8am and came in to the decoys completely silent. I was lucky to get him because my gun was against the tree and I was on my blackberry goofing off. I just happened to look up and see him in full strut heading towards my full body tom decoy at 25 yds. He weighed 23 lbs, 9 1/2" beard, and spurs were 1 2/8" and 1 3/8". Biggest spurs I have ever had on a turkey. It was still a great week to get away and chase them around.
Attached Thumbnails SW Va bird down-dsc_0005-copy.jpg   SW Va bird down-dsc_0004-copy.jpg   SW Va bird down-dsc_0002-copy.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Real nice Turkey for sure,I'd be very happy with a stud like that.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Nice bird ya got there
Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Great looking bird way to go.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Very nice bird... Keep going after 'em. Maybe next time I'll be on my blackberry!!!