Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Kentucky Season 16th

Old 04-08-2011, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kentucky Season 16th

I was hoping to hunt Turkey in Kentucky this month but when I looked at what it cost I decided to scrap that. 190.00 bucks to hunt out of state. Money is tight so I am going to do some calling for a friend of mine who is a first time hunter instead. At least you get to take 2 birds in KY but I sure wish they would not charge so much to hunt there.
My friend Chris has a great place to hunt with a lot of good Toms in the area,we are going scouting and do a dry run on our set up tomarrow. Anyone live in the Taylorsville KY area?
What does it cost some of you to hunt out of state? Does this keep you in your own state during the season?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Spike

I am actually doin it this year. I am from Indiana and I am hunting Kentucky.. Yea, its kinda pricey, but I am goin to make it worth it bc I travel to Ky alot to visit family and so I am gonna be turkey hunting and deer hunting there some this year... I am going down to hunt Allen county, almost on the Tn border. My family has some land there that borders about 9,000 acres of public land.... And then I'll be back in Indiana for the opener here... I hunt down by you actually, in Ohio Cnty
Old 04-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Spike

It's only money. You cant take it with you when you pass away,well you can but what good will it be.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in Indiana too. I agree, it's disgusting what they want for out-of-state tags. We were planning to add a KY & MO hunt this year, but NO WAY we can swing it...

We're going to South Dakota - $100 for 2 tags. Not bad - but the gas prices are gonna kill us. 20 hour drive + $4.00/gallon = B.S.! LOL My brother's invited me to hunt with them - so it's worth it to me. Otherwise me & hubby would be going to KY to hunt with Ridge Runner...

If I remember right, MO tags were $190 too. Buddy of mine is hunting Tennesee this weekend, he said he paid $277 for his tags. I just about croaked when I heard that!

Kim
Old 04-11-2011, 03:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
I was hoping to hunt Turkey in Kentucky this month but when I looked at what it cost I decided to scrap that. 190.00 bucks to hunt out of state. Money is tight so I am going to do some calling for a friend of mine who is a first time hunter instead. At least you get to take 2 birds in KY but I sure wish they would not charge so much to hunt there.
My friend Chris has a great place to hunt with a lot of good Toms in the area,we are going scouting and do a dry run on our set up tomarrow. Anyone live in the Taylorsville KY area?
What does it cost some of you to hunt out of state? Does this keep you in your own state during the season?
Ky upped their cost a few years ago when Indiana charged Ky resident's so much to hunt...& for only 1 bird there!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Indiana I think charges 150.00 plus 6.00 for a bird stamp,and your right that is to high as well. I'm not bashing my home state,KY for their prices anymore than my place of residence IN they all are to high for Turkey in my opinion. Paying 190.00 for 4 months of hunting deer is not a bad deal but the same price for 2 weeks of Turkey even at a two bird harvest seems a little high in any state to me. If I could hunt more than 2 saturdays in the season time span 190.00 would be a little more reasonasble but I'm saving my vacation for our season which is 19 days long.
We did get out early in Spencer County to see if they were gobbling and we got our ears full with 4 Toms all in a close proximity of our strutting areas,then the storm hit and that was the end of that. Sunday once agian they sang out and it seemed they were a little closer to our planed area to hunt. Unfortunately we got a bit to close to some on a ridge before daylight and they jumped their roosting place and went down the ridge quite a ways from us.
I'm heading out Friday to spend the night at my buddies place and am looking forward to being in the woods early for the first time since deer season ended all pumped and dreaming of Chris getting hopefully his first ever longbeard. Good Hunting to all this weekend in KY.

Last edited by doetrain; 04-11-2011 at 07:00 AM.