Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

snow???

Old 03-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default snow???

This is the Illinois youth season weekend. I had to work this morning, but was able to take my hunter out at about 10 with no luck. We will be in the woods early in the morning, but as I'm typing this the snow is piling up in the yard. Does Mossy Oak make an Obsession Snow pattern??? It was 75 the first half of the week. Now it's like deer season again! Oh well. Guess we will have to put on the Under Armour and sock hats!

rw
Old 03-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Look at the bright side. No ticks and mosquitos to worry about! Over here in Iowa I remember a tom busting us 4th season because I was too busy swatting mosquitos.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

hunt12ga - I couldn't BELIEVE the snow we got last night, it was like a dog-gone blizzard!!! Good news is, it's melting as we speak!!!

Kim
Old 03-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

yep, wouldn't surprise me if Good ol Canada will have a white opener, still having -20 here yet and lots of snow on the ground...
Old 03-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Well we bombed this morning. We got in early and had a perfect setup (I thought). I don't think there were any birds in the woods. I don't know what's going on this year. We've been out driving around checking fields that always hold birds, and we're just not seeing any.

Today was a first though for me. First snow-covered turkey hunt! I didn't dress warm enough and my toes and fingers got c c c ccold!

Maybe the birds are on spring break down in Florida or something. I just hope they start showing themselves before April 15th when I get to tote the gun to the woods!

rw