Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I'm so ready....

Old 02-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm so ready....

Guys I can't wait to get out to the woods! I went finally went back to school full time this past fall and between that, trying to work some hours, and the kids, I didn't get out to hunt at all this fall. You better believe I'm going this spring though. Got about 7 weeks till season opens and I am pumped to dust off the gear and get out and chase some turkeys. It what I do best! Im excited to start hearing some stories from the southerners on here in the next couple of weeks too. Good lick to everyone! Hope everybody has a safe, successful season.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:38 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Me too jep~ Although each year it seems slower and slower to get here.....I still get pumped - and then in a blink of an eye its all over!

Just got my special Army hunt postmarked correctly and it is on its way! Hope to go back there. Shot Osama Bin Gobblin' last yr - this year will go after Achmed his brother!

And I have seen some great Toms in my snow covered fields!

JW
Old 02-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a story jepcho, I only have to wait less than 3 weeks to start my quest. You poor northern soul. Sorry, I just had to rub it in a little bit. Man I'm so ready to get out there too.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol, yeah rub it in now... It'll come back around when I'm still out hunting a month after you have packed it in for the year knowing that is the only relief I get during the long wait for spring. JW, osama bin gobbling? Lol. Never heard one before, I like it
Old 02-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just may come up north and crash your party. I have til the middle of May to hunt the Grasslands in Texas. That's better than nothing. Make sure you look at the pics of my two LA. birds and my Texas birds, before your season opens. Maybe that will fire you up, lol. Good luck to you this season brother. It will be here before you know it.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Spike

I am ready, just 14 more days here in Alabama.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, 2 more years and I'll be done with school. Then I plan on coming down south every spring! I've always wanted to hunt down there and starting the spring early would he awesome. Not a big fan of the snakes though. There is a reason I live way up here. If you guys get in the neighborhood, look me up.. I got plenty of birds up here the chase!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maaan yeah jep! When my alarm went off at 5:30 this morning I shock gobbled and woke up the wife! She flogged me one good time and I flew down and got the h*ll outta there! 14 more days here. Life is so much better during turkey season! Good luck yall