Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
National Wild Turkey Federation >

National Wild Turkey Federation

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

National Wild Turkey Federation

Old 02-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Spike

Default National Wild Turkey Federation

I'm VP of our local chapter. Just wondering if you are a member? What does it cost to sponsor at your banquets? Anything that you would like to see changed or some of your favorite games for guns that you have seen there. Just looking for input.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

Where are you from?

I'm a member - Banquets are usually $45.00 per person (includes membership renewal). Our chapter only has one banquet a year and I missed ours last March because we went to Wyoming. It's like a one-time deal - seems like there should be more events/opportunities to get involved than one thing a year. If there are other things going on - I sure don't know about it!

Going to the NWTF convention in a couple weeks. We went last year and LOVED IT! I can't wait to go again!!!

I definitely would like to be more active/involved - just don't see much going on with our chapter or opportunities for me to do so.

Kim
Old 02-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

One game we use for a jakes gun is called "The Penny Game"...
you use a roll of tickets, and the last 3 digits is the price; xxx001 costs $.01, but xxx500 costs $5.00
To make it fun, you have to mix the tickets up in a bucket, and the players draw as many as they like, paying the price. Once the players pay the amount inicated, tear the tickets in half, you keep half and the players keep half. Then it's a simple draw a stub from the bucket.

I like what the NWTF does, but honestly the banquet offerings have not been very good in the last few years. Some of the items move well, but they may not be suitable for every region/area. National has given us a hard time when we didn't order a full banquet package. It seems like they're more interested in selling chapters the banquet packages rather than making a profit.

My advice, get donations from local vendors. Don't forget things like gift certificates for spas, manicures etc for the ladies.

AND ALSO DON'T FORGET get enough small items so that every kid under 12 leaves with something outdoor related; a sticker, a poster, a fridge magnet, fish scaler, coloring book, etc.

Last edited by JoeA; 02-08-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was a member for years. Then one year they decided not to send me a renewal notice. I haven't heard from them since.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been a member for years, never got involved in a chapter, never met anyone else who was either. I've been to the convention a few times.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I got to banquets yearly but never really win anything. Don't matter much as I take a few others.
I get a Sponsor ticket for 275 of which I get some Sponsor gift items, a 250 tax write off slip and 150 in gun raffle tickets. That is a good deal for me.

I also donate an item or two. Mostly turkey calls.

This banquet is by reseravtion only. The committee asigns seating as you are given a table number to which I like.

JW
Old 02-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm a state of Kansas chapter member but I'm not goin into any more detail then that....
Its 250.00 a sponsor membership... 35.00 a person I think at the banquet...
I've been with the federation for a bit...
My favorite games are the STRETCH when there a big breasted woman there to do so... and plinko...
Blackjack, darts, and the turkey pluck always sell good
Old 02-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Spike

Were in illinois. I think we have about the same games as described here. We do have a washer game that has been great. Our banquet is coming up in march. Any one else have one fairly soon?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a member in Arkansas and we had ours last weekend. Spent some money and didnt win anything but it goes for a good cause so thats ok with me. Would really like to go to the one in Nashville, but my wife is to pregnant for the long drive. Will go next year.