Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
new member/ christmas gift >

new member/ christmas gift

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

new member/ christmas gift

Old 12-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Spike

Default new member/ christmas gift

New to Huntingnet! Just got a Mossie 835 Turkey Ulti-mag in Mossy Oak breakup... So far I like it, havent shot it yet but plan to tomorrow. Says Ulti Choke? Anyone know what that is?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum
Old 12-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Spike

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails new member/ christmas gift-photo-5.jpg   new member/ christmas gift-photo-4.jpg  
Old 12-31-2010, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking turkey gun. From your photos it appears that your choke is a typical extended turkey choke tube for an Ulti-mag gun.(hence, "Ulti-choke") The constriction is designed to throw tight patterns with either hevi-shot or lead. Go out and shoot it and let us know which it prefers.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Spike

going to get ammo today. shooting sometime next week! This is my first turkey gun... really looking forward to turkey season! I live in West Virginia.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome , you should like it here guys like me will tellya stories like this

Old 12-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

I bought an 835 ulti mag tactical turkey gun with the 18inch barrel, pistol grip, adjustable stock and over bored 10 guage barrel. I like it but haven't shot it much either. What did you pay? Mine cost $497. with tax. Mine is set up for turkeys only, and I need to buy more chokes. You for sure don't want to shoot 3 1/2 inch shells in it unless you like your collar bone broken. I carry 6, 3 1/2's in the shell holder on the stock and hope I never need them. But it's good to know they're there in case I do. some #8 shot in a 2 3/4 inch shell is all you'd normally need for turkey's anyway.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Spike

thanks guys, ordered a box of #4 and #6 three inch, and #6 3 1/2" Federal. also going to get remington 3" #4 and #6 and try and pattern. Just waiting for it to come in. ordered it from Cheaper than dirt.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by turkey guide
I bought an 835 ulti mag tactical turkey gun with the 18inch barrel, pistol grip, adjustable stock and over bored 10 guage barrel. I like it but haven't shot it much either. What did you pay? Mine cost $497. with tax. Mine is set up for turkeys only, and I need to buy more chokes. You for sure don't want to shoot 3 1/2 inch shells in it unless you like your collar bone broken. I carry 6, 3 1/2's in the shell holder on the stock and hope I never need them. But it's good to know they're there in case I do.

some #8 shot in a 2 3/4 inch shell is all you'd normally need for turkey's anyway.

Your joking right???
Old 01-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Spike

Default mossberg 835

i also have an 835. i like it and only use it for turkey but if i may, i recommend the Indian creek choke tube. You can get one at a local gun shop usually. they are kinda pricy but you wont regret it...best choke tube on the market as far as im concerned. i am also not a big fan of hevi shot... it is way too expensive to kill a turkey with. I use the new 3 1/2 federal flight control shells... i have used both hevi shot and these federal shells and they pattern almost the exact same. i just started using the federal flight control shell and love them! they have an awesome pattern at 40 yards and would not hesitated to shoot at 50 maybe even 60. Even though the 3 1/2s kick like a mule out of the mossberg, you wont even feel it when you nail that gobbler out at 40 yards! :-)
Attached Thumbnails new member/ christmas gift-federal.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.