Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

new turkey hunter

Old 12-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Spike

Default new turkey hunter

whats up guys/girls? I started deer hunting 2 years ago, and now I'm ready to start turkey hunting. Been reading the threads and came across some good information so far. I've never had wild turkey. I've been told frying them are the best. Is it ? How do you guys cook yours? I my self have never had a fried turkey. Sounds good though! Anyway, I'm sooo ready to go get one
Old 12-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
slice the breast up, pound to tenderise and roll in seasoned flour and fry, the legs and thighs cook for creamed turkey, or make turkey salad.ya huntin spring or fall?RR

sweet, wrote that down! I'll give it a try.

probably going to be spring. Maybe both..not too sure yet. you?
Old 12-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

ive deep regular turkey before.....about the best turkey youll ever eat. Get one of those deep fryers they sell especially for turkey. I usually use peanut oil, and ill inject the turkey with either butter or some type of bbq sauce...mmm mmm gooooood
Old 12-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
ive deep regular turkey before.....about the best turkey youll ever eat. Get one of those deep fryers they sell especially for turkey. I usually use peanut oil, and ill inject the turkey with either butter or some type of bbq sauce...mmm mmm gooooood

Thanks a lot..I'm itching to get one
Old 12-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to worrie about how to hunt them before learning how to cook them

But then again You might not have to worrie about that...

Good hunting
Old 01-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Spike

AS much as I like the SXS shotguns I should point out it takes a little practice patterning your shotgun to get a correct "feel" for it.... With an over under and minimal practice you can put the pellets exactly where you want them with minimal work..... With a side by side I find that just because you point and pull the trigger doesn't necessarily mean the pellets will land right where you want.. Maybe because I am used to a single barrel with a bead sights..... If you get an opportunity to fire a sxs before you buy then surely do it and your experience may be the same as mine...
get twitter followers
Cheap Flights
Old 01-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum