Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Ground blinds help.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Spike

Default Ground blinds help.

Turkey season is a long long way away around here in MS. I would like to see if any of yall use them and what time of the year. I want to bring one of my cousiens this year and he is 10 years old so I was thinking a blind would be the best idea. I also going to try to kill one with my bow so i need a ground blind for sure. any ideas.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

I love using my ground blind. I set in them every hunt. I have a Ground Max (Primos). Just remember to keep the back windows zipped up and set at the back of the blind so you dont get siloueted.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

I use Double Bull blind every time (Spring and Fall) because I'm a bow hunter. I have a Fall blind and a Spring blind (different camo). You can move around (quietly) and even have another person with you in the blind. I also have a "Mr. Heater" for inside my blind. "Mr. Heaters" are quiet and great for this purpose. In the winter when it is really cold, I also put a wool blanket on the floor inside the blind. Double Bulls work great! They are very easy to set up. They set up very quickly and they are quiet. I can set mine up and take it down in 7 seconds.