Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Price in your state on turkey mounts >

Price in your state on turkey mounts

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Price in your state on turkey mounts

Old 09-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Price in your state on turkey mounts

I am curious..........what does it costs in each state to mount a turkey? I have a very good taxidermist, but his prices are going up. I'm paying $650 a mount now. Is that average? I'm in Central Illinois.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Spike

That's not bad, most reputable taxidermist in Central PA are around $800.00 - give or take a few $$$.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

tail feathers? or a fully stuffed turkey? because i can do my own tail feathers for less than 50 bucks
Old 09-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

We paid $495 for ours - got it back in 4 weeks and it looks amazing!!! He's awesome. I'm in Southern Indiana - so I think you'd really like him!

I can take better pictures of it, if you want, but there's some in the main turkey forum - if you want to check it out.

Kim
Old 09-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Here's some of his pricing - I've seen almost everything he mounts and they're really awesome! A buddy of mine's son killed a double-bearded hen last fall and that mount looked really cool. He mounts everything though - so PM me if anyone is interested in more info. He's a good christian man - father & son business so I love to support them by sending new business their way.

Turkey Mounts: Strutting, Gobbling, Flying: $495.00 Hen: $400.00 Fan/Spurs: $100.00

Deer Mounts: Shoulder: $325.00, Eurpoean: $150.00, Antler: $65.00

Like I said, we got our turkey mount in 4 weeks, everyone else we called was more expensive and it was going to take a YEAR to get it back! Forget that!!! LOL

Kim
Old 09-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

This was a few years ago but he charged us $450 for a full strut and a half strut on a branch mount. The year before we had the two Rio's my wife got in Kansas mounted in a fighting postion and he charged us $1000 for that. Thunder Valley Taxadermy out of West Salem, WI. Does really good work
Old 09-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

To damn much bout 600 total
Old 09-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Banned

If indeed you shot a trophy turkey, the person to contact is Jordan Taxidermy Studio's outside of Punxsutawney PA

Marc is like #2 in the world for turkey mounts.

We just picked up our deer mount a couple of weeks ago from last year and I believe that the price for the deer head was $550.00 and that was a lot of money here for that type of work. But when you get a professional looking mount and a 100% guarantee that if you have a problem you can bring it back and he will make it right - I don't know how you could go wrong.

http://www.wpst-taxidermy-school.com/