Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Good year

Old 05-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default Good year

Seems to be a great year. Congrats to all. dog1

Last edited by dog1; 05-16-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: No need for it.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:16 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Wasn't bad as far as I could tell. Seems most areas because of the very warm spring breeding was farther ahead than most guessed.

For me here in the Wisconsin it was strange to see Bachelor groups of good toms. They where still callable to a point but most came in silent and in pairs or 3s or 4s.

JW
Old 05-17-2010, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

pretty good here... should have sealed the deal a few times earlier this year... birds just didn't want to cooperate.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Almost any day in the woods is a good day for me (except when it is pouring rain). And if I see some birds, that is just icing on the cake! But since both my daughter and i shot nice birds opening day, and calling in another one Saturday morning for a friend, it has been a GREAT year! Still a couple of weeks to go and would like to call in one more for my Godson who is 13 and this will be his first year.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was a great year for IL turkey hunters. We were just a few birds shy of setting out all-time record from 2006 which is exceptional considering that the last few years we've had what our DNR has considered bad hatches due to cold and wet Springs.

It was an awesome year for us, all my hunters went 100% !!!