Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Displaying multiple beard trophies >

Displaying multiple beard trophies

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Displaying multiple beard trophies

Old 05-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Displaying multiple beard trophies

Anyone got in ideas on displaying mulitply beards. I usually use the shotgun hull for regular beards. My wife took a double beard a couple of years ago and I got a triple beard last week in Virginia and thought someone on here is bound to have a great idea of displaying the beards.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use leather and colored string, Heres one I made several years back.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Pop the primer out of your shell and cut a section out of your hull down to the brass wide enough for your beard-s to slide in to. Insert a piece of leather into the primer pocket and the crimp end of your shell having a loop shaped like a triangle above the shell, make leather as long as you want. You can tie the ends of the leather together and then slide the knot into the brass section of your shell to hide it, you can also thread your spurs on to each end of the leather before tieing your knot. If you dont use a knot to secure the leather thats ok cuase the next step is to insert your leather ends into each end of the shell and apply hot melt glue to hold the ends then 1/2 fill the complete shell with hot glue and slide your beard into the slot you cut then fill in the gaps with hot glue. Don't worry about getting to much running out it cuts off easy once dry. Hang it up for everyone to see!
Good luck
Old 05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, great ideas, I'll give it a try!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 05-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by camokenny
Pop the primer out of your shell and cut a section out of your hull down to the brass wide enough for your beard-s to slide in to. Insert a piece of leather into the primer pocket and the crimp end of your shell having a loop shaped like a triangle above the shell, make leather as long as you want. You can tie the ends of the leather together and then slide the knot into the brass section of your shell to hide it, you can also thread your spurs on to each end of the leather before tieing your knot. If you dont use a knot to secure the leather thats ok cuase the next step is to insert your leather ends into each end of the shell and apply hot melt glue to hold the ends then 1/2 fill the complete shell with hot glue and slide your beard into the slot you cut then fill in the gaps with hot glue. Don't worry about getting to much running out it cuts off easy once dry. Hang it up for everyone to see!
Good luck
This is a good idea IF its a shotgun kill, I did mine in leather because they were Bow kills.