Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Muzzloading shotgun

Old 05-07-2010, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzloading shotgun

i am wanting to try hunting turkeys with a muzzle loader trying to find one seems little hard anybody know where you can buy a muzzloading shotgun would like a double barrel but not picky or I have a tc encore .50 cal anybody know if you can fire shot out of a rifled muzzleloader
thanks guys
Mike
Old 05-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

im not to experienced with that stuff, but im pretty sure you cant fire shot out of a rifled barrel. im sure you can find a shotgun barrel for your tc though.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0018849225731a.shtml

Here i think this would work well and probly a little cheaper just buying the barrel.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Spike

here is a white muzzleloading 12 ga

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=167616885

here is a double barrel 10 ga muzzleloading shotgun

http://www.gunsamerica.com/914782476...ZZLELOADER.htm

hope this helps
Old 05-08-2010, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Pedersoli (they also made the Navy Arms) all the way. Great quality gun, double with hammers and they usually pattern quite well. I have several and would unload one (pun intended) if you are interested. My kids didn't take to hunting as I had hoped so I have several I really don't need. Message or email me if interested and we can talk about it.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mconwa951
iI have a tc encore .50 cal anybody know if you can fire shot out of a rifled muzzleloader
NO, absolutely NOT!!! You will destroy the rifling in the barrel. You can only ONLY use a smoothbore barrel. Many places sell Encore muzzleloading shotgun barrels if you do an on-line search. My best suggestion would be to find one and use it.... you're not going to find a shotgun that feels better in the hand that the Encore anyway. I had to laugh when I see some of these guys suggesting other guns..... they have NO idea just how impressive the Encores are!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I recently picked up a T/C New Englander 12 ga. shotgun and am still working up a load for it. TC doesn't make them anymore, but they are out there and available. This is my T/C NE, which I was lucky enought to pay only $200 for it. OH, did I tell you that is was unfired in the box:

It is a very handsome gun and shoots very well so far. Finding the right shot, wad, powder, and cup combination is the fun part.

I will have this gun ready for next season and will hopefully get one of those crafty birds.