Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fighting Purr

Old 05-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Spike

Default Fighting Purr

I just bought the Knight and Hale Ultimate Fighting Purr System. I am wondering witch are the situations best to use it?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have one myself, but I have gone with a buddy that has one. We had zero luck with it when I was with him. He said that the only times he has used it was if he had one gobbling that had shut up to try and fire it back up. He also told me that on one hunt he had a hen that would go to yelping every time he used it. When that happened, a tom crossed him, headed to the real hen, and the boy that was with him popped it. So maybe it worked, maybe the real hen worked? Not sure, but my bet is on the real thing. Just another option to have in the bag. Never know what is going to get a bird going.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:44 AM
Fork Horn

Gimmicks.... You dont need all this junk to kill turkeys... trust me.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:27 AM
Spike

I like the concept, I just use my mouth call and slate combination. The fighting purr is deadly if used in the correct situation.

My favorite time to use this call is if I have a gobbler that is hung up out of range. When you use the fighting purr, you are simulating two jakes fighting over a hen. This is usually more than the gobbler can handle and he will come in to investigate. I don't use the call often, but it will produce results if used correctly.