Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

chair blind

Old 04-26-2010, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default chair blind

Does any one use a chair blind ? how do you like them ? I'm a big guy (280 pounds ) do you think it would work for me ?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

I dont have one, but i have looked at them. What i have herd was that the seems in the chair tear alot, and for bigger guys idk how well that will work out, I have also herd that the slightest movement in the chair will make the blind move alot and that can cause some problems while hunting.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Spike

John,
I hear what you're screaming about being a big guy. Go to Killzone Outfitters. Buy their 2 man chair. Excellent quality...very affordable...truly a diamond in the rough. I bought 2 of the one man blinds from another manufacturer and had problems because they are only rated for like 250. I weigh in at 275 and they did break. The 2 man solved those problems, and, the one from Killzone has a ton of room in it. I used it deer hunting, and never had detection issues; that being said, I have not tried it for turkeys this year, but, I think it would work well. Good luck my fellow hunter!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

Ameristep makes a good one too