Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Canadians and the NWTF ? >

Canadians and the NWTF ?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Canadians and the NWTF ?

Old 06-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Canadians and the NWTF ?

I just received the Spring 2003 Caller today. It is as usual delayed in getting here as most people in the U.S. long ago received it and read it, something that seems to be normal in every issue sent out.
I have waited for a number of months to take a look at the " NWTF Sanction Calling Contest RESULTS" as after Competing in a Sanction event in Ottawa Ontario, the first ever Canadian Competetion. I had won and placed in a couple of events and to my disappointment there is nothing at all about the comp. in this Caller. After a follow up email to one of the Event Organizers I was informed that it was sent to the Headquarters and, was not put in the Caller. Was this because it was in Canada ? a Canadian Event ? There were Americans that entered the Comp. and won events as well. I just don' t understand the problems there seems to be here. For the time, effort, and funding of the Banquets that are done here in Canada that goes towards the NWTF why there is not a little more recognition here for this Country in the print outs.

Old 06-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Canadians and the NWTF ?

Adrian, I can feel for you buddy!! I' d be ticked as well!! I guess it' s time that some big shots in Canada have a talk with Rob Keck!! Who' s the head guy up there BT?
Old 06-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Adrian,I used to be a big supporter of the NWTF.but any more it just seems they are more interested in $ than anythin else.Seems the areas that donate the most money get the most recognition.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just like everything else that starts out as real good thing,once the revenue starts coming in the management part goes by the wayside and it then becomes a business!!
Old 06-23-2003, 02:36 AM

[X(] Adrian....I hear you there....heck, I still haven' t recieved my membership yet from the banquet back in March! Haven' t heard Jack $hit from them..[:@]..one has to wonder....Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 06-23-2003, 06:59 PM

Adrian, I here what your saying and I imagine that in the grand sceme of things poor brother to the north probably has very little voice with the headbrass. I am a member and if I see positive results in Ontario always will be but to be honest I`m not to sure what has been done here by the NWTF yet. I`m not saying they haven`t, I`m just saying I haven`t heard anything about what their doing.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:29 AM

If you were at a banquet and joined and have not gotten anything by now, call the banquet chairman or the regional director. The Directors are listed at www.nwtf.org.

Sometimes the banquet person in charge of that fails to get their paperwork done or somehow it falls through the ctrack...stay on them to get it right!

NWTF needs members and as a member you should expect better. I had same experience and I joined the committee to make it better, not give up or harbor bad feelings toward a great cause and organization.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:09 PM

I agree with Wooddust. Also, as far as no mention in Caller - We actually wrote up our own article and submitted it about JAKES and WITO events. I know their staff writers can' t be everywhere - Perhaps you can take it upon yourself and do a write up with pictures or what ever - explain how many were there, what was raised, who won what...
Old 07-05-2003, 04:41 AM

Hey Wooddust...I emailed the NWTF & they said they have me on file & that my membership package had been sent out! As I hadn' t recieved it as of yet, they said they' d send another....will keep you posted! [:-] Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 07-05-2003, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

WANWTF
I agree with Wooddust. Also, as far as no mention in Caller - We actually wrote up our own article and submitted it about JAKES and WITO events. I know their staff writers can' t be everywhere - Perhaps you can take it upon yourself and do a write up with pictures or what ever - explain how many were there, what was raised, who won what...
I agree with you but as I said there was a write up sent in , just it was not put in. No big deal, things happen...BT

Quick Reply: Canadians and the NWTF ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.