Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Barometric Pressure

Old 04-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Spike

Default Barometric Pressure

I have been hunting here in Louisiana for the past two weeks and we have heard birds every single day except this morning. I mean this morning was ideal, quiet and no wind. One of those mornings you can hear a turkey from way off (IF HE GOBBLES)!! I mean not a peep this morning.

I have read in the past that biologists think that birds will not gobble or at least not gobble much when the barometric pressure is at a certain level. I don't remember what the pressure has to be above or below.

I don't know if it is true but I do know none of us heard birds this morning and that was 6 guys in different locations where we have all been hearing them. We did have a storm come through last night so maybe it is something to do with the barometric pressure, who knows?

Your thoughts on why they ALL developed lock-jaw this morning?
Old 04-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Same thing here. Last weekend there were 5 or 6 gobblers all around us, probably 75 or more gobbles. This morning we heard two birds fly down, but not the first gobble. A friend in south Alabama said he had the same type of morning.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Same thing here. Last weekend there were 5 or 6 gobblers all around us, probably 75 or more gobbles. This morning we heard two birds fly down, but not the first gobble. A friend in south Alabama said he had the same type of morning.
not a single gobble yesterday, the week before they were everywhere, today only 2 and they were short and sweet and then quiet....I was thinking it had to be the barometric pressure or something....I'm thinking I was right, lol.......