Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Need Help Please

Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Spike

Default Need Help Please

Hey everyone. I was putting the jake i shot last year on the wall in the garage, and i notice that the tips are white on the fan. It was right next to my dads turkey and all the other ones in there are brown tips. Im from central Iowa and i think we have the Eastern turkey here but no for sure. Any one know what this could mean? do some jakes do that or what? Thanks for any help.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not uncommon for Eastern jakes to have buff colored tips. Once they get to be 2 yr. olds, they seem to lose that buff color. I have killed mature Easterns with a little buff color on the tips of the tail feathers though, but not as buff colored as a Rio. If you are hunting in Iowa, they are definately Easterns.