Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 3 is on the board.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default Team 3 is on the board.

Got a bird this morning!!! Woo Hoo the dry spell is over.
I got set up before daylight in a familiar spot. The birds haven't been gobbling. I heard a gobble a little after daylight, but he didn't want to play and sounded a long ways off. I sat for about an hour or so and didn't hear anything else so I decided to do some walking. I got to a hill top that has big pines surrounded by harwood draws. I took out my trusty custom box and gave a few yelps......nothing. So I started towards the hardwoods and boom!!! There was a gobble. I got a mouthcall in and found a place to sit. I gave a few yelps and he cut me off. I knew I'd found a playmate and about 25 minutes later he was about 40 yds in full strut. He gave another booming gobble and I did my best feeding hen scratch in the leaves and he hammered again, went to half strut and started making his way to me. I let him get to 20 steps and ended the game......except for the piggy back ride. If I can figure out this box......here are some pics.

8 inch beard
15/16" right spur
15/16" left spur
19 lbs
53.75" score

Team 3 is on the board.-kids-004.jpg

Team 3 is on the board.-kids-005.jpg

Team 3 is on the board.-kids-003.jpg

Last edited by Gobbling Buck; 03-18-2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Score was wrong.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Inactive

Congrats GB !! Way to go. Nice bird, were on our way to No. 1. No wait, we are no. 1, were just fortifieng our lead.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Second success story of the day! You guys got me squirming at my desk. 3 more weeks until I get to play.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!!!