Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Turkeys gobbling in W. Tennessee >

Turkeys gobbling in W. Tennessee

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkeys gobbling in W. Tennessee

Old 03-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default Turkeys gobbling in W. Tennessee

A good friend, very good turkey hunter, called me early this morning to report hearing 12 - 13 different birds gobbling from the roost this morning on property he hunts in West Tennessee. The weather has been really nice the past 4-5 days with sunshine and temps in the high 50s-60 so I am not surprised.

Still another 18 days to the opening of the youth weekend, 25 days until the statewide season opens. Don't know how I'm going to be patient enough to endure it!

Last edited by mouthcaller; 03-08-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet... It's been pretty nice hear in south east Pa... Im sure there starting to feel froggy lol
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Spike

Birds are gobbling on every ridge in North Central Mississippi! Been nice the last three mornings to step out on the front porch and have gobblers hammering in every direction! 5 days and counting
Old 03-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

is W. Tennesee kinda like NW arkansas cause I have been die'n to go out and listen but my dad tells me not to waste my energy this early and to wait till mid march..

we have had NICE WEATHER!!! highs 30's low 40's of a mornen and 60's-70's up in the day for the last 3-4 days will that be enough?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its been beautiful up here in the Great White North, but the birds are all still in flocks. I'm seeing them but no strutting or gobbles.
I guess that's why I have to wait till May before I can hunt.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man we still have a foot and a half of snow up here, even though its been melting for with the nicer weather the last week. Now they are talking flooding. The birds are still flocked up here. It's supposed to get up to 40 degrees here for the first time since November though
Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are gobbling down here in Union Parish Louisiana. I heard a couple on my property yesterday morning. Man that fires me up.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy that lives in Coosa, Co. Alabama heard one this morning. Busted when nearby hydro-plant spillway warning siren sounded. First he has heard. I have not heard any as of yet. Headed to the woods next Wednesday for a 4 day run at the birds.