Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Hevi-13 7's with a Hevi-13 Choke >

Hevi-13 7's with a Hevi-13 Choke

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hevi-13 7's with a Hevi-13 Choke

Old 02-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hevi-13 7's with a Hevi-13 Choke

I was wondering if anyone has patterned the Hevi-13 7's with a Hevi-13 choke? I am trying to get a choke, but they are on backorder right now.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:22 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Sling
I was wondering if anyone has patterned the Hevi-13 7's with a Hevi-13 choke? I am trying to get a choke, but they are on backorder right now.
Can't help you with any pattern experience, but I would suggest checking with Mid South Shooters Supply out of Clarksville, TN. They were selling the new Hevishot Magnum Blend loads at the convention and I noticed several Hevishot chokes laying around at their booth.

What gun is the choke for?

It can be frustrating dealing with Environ. Their 3.5-2.25-7 load is also backordered currently, right here just before the season opens. Not surprising. Historically they develop and market new loads for turkey hunters with much fanfare then fail to deliver on the supply end. I wanted to try the 3.5-2.25-6 load they came out with last year but never found any until the season was nearly over. They seem to create an initial demand for their product then buyer frustration when you can't find it on the shelf anywhere.

Maybe they are trying to drive demand by this tactic - I don't know. I'm getting tired of dealing with them though. One gets the feeling that their manufacturing facility is a garage somewhere behind the CEO's house.

MC

Last edited by mouthcaller; 02-26-2010 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Remington choke on backorder from Cabela's. If they don't come up with one soon, I might give Mid South a try.

Finding the 3.5 " #7 shot was a project in itself. Most of the places that had it seem to be out now.