Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

He's back!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default He's back!!!!!!

That big ole Tom is back terrorizing me again. He's doing the same thing that he did last year, strutting back and forth from one end of the head board to the other, spittin n drummin all night long. It's 2:00 am and I can't get back to sleep thinking about springtime gobblers so I got up to see what was up here on the forum. Man, I don't know if I can survive two more months of this anticipation. Anyone else got the fever early this year?
Old 02-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Fork Horn

What do you mean this early. Those grand ole birds are on my mind 24-7-365. I have turkey on the brain all year.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:59 AM
Typical Buck

Know what you mean bigtimer. Don't know how far you are from Nashville but the NWTF annual convention runs today or tomorrow through Sunday. I'll be there Saturday. It's wall to wall turkey hunting, turkey calling, turkey taxidermy, turkey turkey hunting everything.

Come on over and get a dose - it'll help cure what's ailing ya.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Or possibly make it worse.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just watch some turkey hunting videos to pass the time. Of course this could fire you up even more. Only one more month for me. March 20th is the magic day. I'm starting to get a little impatient.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Spike

The fever is high-pitched!!!

I'll be at the NWTF convention Saturday too Mouthcaller. Maybe I'll see you there!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

turkey hunting is what i live for! dont get me wrong i just love to hunt but come april 19th through may 20th you know where to find me!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mouthcaller View Post
Know what you mean bigtimer. Don't know how far you are from Nashville but the NWTF annual convention runs today or tomorrow through Sunday. I'll be there Saturday. It's wall to wall turkey hunting, turkey calling, turkey taxidermy, turkey turkey hunting everything.

Come on over and get a dose - it'll help cure what's ailing ya.
I wish that I could make the trip Mouthcaller but I just can't pull it off this year. Have a good time!!!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was hog hunting last Saturday, set up as the group drives towards me, and all i could hear were turkeys talkin, now i know where im setting up for opener!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a 7 day a week 365 nut too. I scouted the property (new club) the entire deer season to make a plan to set up for spring. Got a few new calls made and can't wait to try them out. Saw some nice birds during the deer season.....hope they stay on the property.