Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Looking to the fall

Old 06-15-2003, 03:24 PM

Default Looking to the fall

well, spring is gone and summer is here. Is everyone ready for fall? In the two zones i turkey hunt in, I know there are alot of jakes to harvest, as well as several gobblers. How many plan on hunting the fall? Spring is a little more heart racing i think, but in the fall, its fun to spot and stalk bachelor groups of toms. Good luck

slayer
Old 06-15-2003, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Looking to the fall

I turkey hunt in the fall and have for 14years. Started lookin 2 fall the minute spring was over for me. Our archery season comes in here in Ky Sept. the 6th.Both deer and turkey. Im ready!!!!!
Old 06-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

i definently am.....my first year hunting alone is going great as you probally know...my dad never got into fall turkey hunting to much...never really knew how.....i told him time and time again but he still insisted in sitting and calling.....we wasted many hrs doing that and never saw or heard a trukey like that....my friend has a spot there is a nice flock and a giant group of bachelor gobblers we seen every day while i was filming him bow hunting...i hope to go out with him and take a few of them birds out...one day i will film him and the next he will film me....they came through the same paths at the same times each nite.....i cant wait....if not i will be driving and got alot of places around home and up north to hunt......i plan on making a few glass and slate calls by then...i cant wait
Old 06-16-2003, 04:09 AM

No fall season here in Ontario! [:@] Have to wait for next spring!!!!!!![] Sure seems like a lifetime away! Good luck...[:-]...Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 06-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

i' ll be out there God willing...some of the wma' s i hutn won' t allow a fall bird, but there are a couple that doi missed a nice hen last year during archery, was out there for deer meat, but something just happened inside of me when i saw them all feeding my way.....i don' t think i' ll ever be the same[:-]i can not even imagine if a gobbler was in that group...i might of shook out of my treestand(it' s only 6' high, scared of getting up there any higher).....
Old 06-17-2003, 09:14 PM

I' m taking a week of vacation to hunt the 2nd week of Missouri' s fall season this year. Don' t normally do that but I' m looking forward to it this year. I' ve mainly been a spring turkey hunter but am going to broaden my horizons come October!
Old 06-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slayer,been fall huntin turks for years!Dont guide in the fall so I get to hunt with my boys a whole lot, which adds so much to the overall enjoyment of the hunt!One of the biggest aspects of the fall season is pressure on the birds is very small when compared to spring!Lot of folks are huntin other game which is fine by me,cause I' ll be chasin turks!!Heres a pic of last years birds with my oldest boy!!
Old 06-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Here in Washington State its a permit hunt. So God-willing if I get drawn I will be out there this fall probably trying to harvest a hen (to reduce the number of hens by one " henning-up" the toms in the Spring even as bad as I want a tom!) I suggest you guys consider doing the same. Too many damn hens.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:13 AM

If I can find a tom...or a bachelor group--I' ll go after them. There' s so much going on in the fall---it' s hard to choose. The chinook salmon will be running....big brown trout will be feeding heavily--so, I' l be after them as well!

Whatever you guys and girls decide to do ---have a great and safe season!
Old 06-19-2003, 05:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Looking to the fall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.