Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos Jake Mobile

Old 02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Primos Jake Mobile

Was gonna get one last year, but couldnt find one anywhere. So before this season starts im thinking of buying one since ive heard good things about them. Has anyone had any experience with this decoy?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine! I bought the combo that came with the She-Mobile, and Swing'n Hen. He looks good, the fan doesn't look that bad. It is a little fragile though, I broke 2 supports and ripped the fan, which was my fault. I did contact Primos, and they are sending me a new fan, for the shipping price. I like it, it helped me drop 2 birds. Also be careful of the beard, it helps to better attach it with tape. Probably sounds like I am throwing out a lot of cons, but it is a good looking decoy, and Primos has amazing customer service.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

5 out of 5 don't sound bad -customer ratings - however only 3 people rated it !

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...-box.jsp.form1

I think there is better out there.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...-box.jsp.form1

104 brought it and rated it - 4.5 out of 5 very good for that many reviewers.

I don't even brother to read the good ones.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

I have had some expriences with different strutting decoys. The Primos Jake Mobile is a decent decoy but the Carry lite Pretty Boy decoy seems to be constructed better just my 2 cents.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

I bought one last year and I love it. With the jake mobile gobblers aren't very intimidated and will come in. I would say buy it and have fun watching gobblers attacking it. They did mine.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

As someone mentioned above, there are MUCH better strutters available for pretty much the same money.

I like the Pretty Boy much better and especialy the newer Pretty Boy Peepin' Tom. It not only looks a LOT more realistic but the multiple heads really make the decoy a lot more versatile.

Here's my PB Peepin' Tom with the single upright head.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't the Pretty Boy a hard decoy, it won't roll up?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dont tom decoys normally make other toms leary of coming in? It seems thats whats happened to me ever since my first year of turkey hunting. Maybe i didnt give it a chance?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

i got the b mobile firstone they come out with, love it!! wouldnt trade it and it has held up well...
Old 02-17-2010, 01:47 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

My buddy bought one last year and he has some awesome footage of his son killing a nice tom off it in the MO youth season. We took it to NE on a bow hunt and those birds loved it. We shot 3 toms off that decoy in about 4 hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.