Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Barrel extention

Old 09-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Barrel extention

Digging threw my midway catalog the other day, When I found like a 31" barrel extention that screwed right in a 870 express. It was evan threaded for your favorite choke. Is this thing for real? What would this do for your pattern? Im not going to buy it, but what would the guys at the local turkey shoot think when you got that out of the cab of your truck. Does anyone have one. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

i believe those are intended for use in populated areas where you need to shoot something and don't want to **** of any neighbors.

i really doubt it would help your pattern. and who wants a 7 foot long gun to pack around ? LOL
Old 09-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont see that it would do anything for the pattern,only your gun will weigh more and be a ***** to carry through the woods.The barrel dosn't change the pattern,the choke does.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

a longer barrel will only help your pattern a little...in my opinion its not worth it when you have to walk around the woods with a long barrel