Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

broken decoy stake

Old 05-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Spike

Default broken decoy stake

Well, last trip out I broke my DELTA hen decoy stake and I' ve been looking at temporarily replacing it with a couple of feet of 3/4" diameter dowel from the hardware store.

Does anyone have anyother ideas for replacing this stake?

I' ve been deciding wether to camo it or paint it black like the original stake. Does colour matter?

Does anyone know the website/email for Delta Decoys so I can get a replacement?

Thanx for all your help.

Cheers
Jay

Old 05-14-2003, 12:36 PM

Default RE: broken decoy stake

I did the same thing when mine broke. The dowels are actually more durable than most of the decoy stakes. I did paint mine dark grey. Dont know if its neccessary but I didnt want to chance it.[8D]
Old 05-14-2003, 01:00 PM

I lost mine and all I did to replace it was cut a small branch, sharpen the end, and stick it in the ground--it worked beautifully! Got a NICE tom at about 7 paces (from where I was sitting--the decoy was set up to my right several yards from me).

I was using a Feather Flex type decoy though--I' m not sure if this would work for your decoy though. You might consider it though and save yourself some bucks for a replacement stake...
Old 05-14-2003, 01:24 PM

Jay-
I use FeatherFlex dekes and have lost the stakes to them many times. I always just find a small tree branch and it has worked just fine. I almost think that sometimes it makes it look more lifelike using a small branch because it will kind of bounce or bobble in the wind instead of spinning around.

I' m not sure, perhaps the Delta' s require a certain kind of stake...I bet if you look up their website you could contact them and ask about replacements.

Good Luck!
Old 05-14-2003, 01:48 PM

YES!!

I almost think that sometimes it makes it look more lifelike using a small branch because it will kind of bounce or bobble in the wind instead of spinning around.
I was thinking about that too SpringGobbler...
Old 05-14-2003, 02:16 PM

mine had alum. (metal) stakes,I didn' t like the clinking sound they made when they hit together.so I took a wooden dowel and made some,I took the metal tips and put on the wooden stakes so they would go into the ground easier.
I also made them a little longer,for the higher grass and weeds.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:23 AM

Seveal stores sell replacement stakes foe decoys. Ask a sales person and they' ll likely have some on hand.

In a pinch I' ve used sticks for stakes on several occassions.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

Go to eders.com and order yourself a " Delta turkey decoy stake" . I ordered 3 a couple weeks ago and they are the real deal straight from Delta themselves.

Problem Solved
Old 05-16-2003, 05:17 AM

How' s your season going Pro?
Old 05-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve also used bent/broken aluminum arrows in the past as a light replacement. This year I lost one of the stakes and was using small limbs or leaning them against things. It ended up costing me a shot at one of the 2 big gobblers I jumped while looking for something to use! [:@]

Quick Reply: broken decoy stake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.