Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 worst season ever for gobblin! >

worst season ever for gobblin!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

worst season ever for gobblin!

Old 05-06-2003, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default worst season ever for gobblin!

this has been the worst season I can remember as far as turkeys gobblin on our lease. 1st mornin they gobbled good. then it came a cold front and turned cold and windy. from then till about 2 weeks ago, 1 gobble is all I could get, and that was about ever other day. then they finally just quit completely. got to be better next year. I ain' t complanin, I got one with my shotgun, and got a shot at one with my bow, both Big turkeys. still got till sunday to hunt though. I' ve just never seen them not gobble for this long.
Old 05-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: worst season ever for gobblin!

Hang tuff Terry!! Things will happen when you least expect it buddy!! As long as you have off to hunt, keep going out!!
Old 05-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

About the same here, our season came in April 21 and the 1st week and half was real good , but since last Wednesday they have just about shut-up. It ends Sunday and I' m off the rest of the week, I hope things get better before its over this year.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:34 PM

Yes I agree with Maytom!!
Don' t give up!!
You know alot of people are experiancing the same thing so don' t feel alone My Friend
Old 05-06-2003, 03:36 PM

it has been the worst season I have saw ,in regards to gobbling in the 38 years I have hunted turkys.
I heard only one bird gobble the whole season in my area.he gobbled three times.
that was it.
a real bad season fo me and most of the guys that I know.

ready for next year,maybe they will make up for it then.[:-]
Old 05-06-2003, 03:43 PM

Same thing happend here, the first day was good i heard them gobbeling but all the other days combined i heard mabe 6 gobbles and thats it. Im not complaining though, i got mine the first day! Just couldent make anything happen for my dad
Old 05-06-2003, 03:48 PM

I feel spoiled now, the birds have been riping it up for a month, and show no sign of stopping. Maybe it`s those frosty nights and sunny days but the birds here are going strong.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:12 PM

ya. they hardly gobbled in iowa this year. there wasnt any turkeys this year too.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

I forgot to tell ya' ll this. my wife' s first cousin has a lease about a mile down the road from our lease, and he said he' s heard more gobbles than he ever has this year. that' s really strange.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Wifes cousin must have stole your birds.lol Not much gobbling here in NC either,first week and a half were good,last two weeks nothing season ends Sat.,I got one more tag I need to fill. Hope things pick up in the morning

Quick Reply: worst season ever for gobblin!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.