Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Osecola Turkeys

Old 05-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default Osecola Turkeys

I have never hunted turkeys' out of the state of GA. and would like to hunt the Osecola turkey. Can any of you recommend a county and WMA that I might have a decent chance at one. This would be for next year.

Florida would be within reasonable driving distance for me. Particularly when thats the only state I know of that has the Osecola.

Thanks,
dog1
Old 05-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Osecola Turkeys

It is the only place to find the Oceola, a bit further south of the pan handle more specifically..

I only need the Oceola for my grand slam and have been looking into hunts. I have found that most are asking 1800-2200
for a hunt.. A dang turkey hunt!! I think it's kind of crazy myself but it's up to you to decide. Tim Herald is probably one of the best. But there are many that are really good.

I hope someone points you in the right direction, I might look in on the thread from time to time to get some ideas myself.

Good Luck!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:19 AM

Default RE: Osecola Turkeys

Go to myfwc.com and look at the wma's on there and you should find a lot of info. Any of the WMAs in central florida hold turkeys and lots of them so do some homework and you should be able to find a good area. If you have any ?s just shoot me a pm Ill be glad to help