Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

turkeys

Old 01-27-2007, 04:34 PM

Default turkeys

how many of use are going out forturkey season with a bow? i can't wait! what your fav. set-up for that long beard?
Old 01-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: turkeys

has anyone ever considered hunting the buggers out of a stand, i know ive seen plenty of them out of my deer stand with a bow....
Old 01-27-2007, 05:01 PM

Tried it once in the fall season, when i wasn't calling as much and i knew where they hang around. I ended up with a turkey in the deep fryer!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 05:02 PM

i will be after them with my bow. I took my first turkey last fall out ofthe deer stand.

Good Luck
Old 01-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Been bow huntnig turkeys for about eight years now , wouldn't have it any other way.
I always use my Double Bull T5 with a love triangle set -up.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is going to be my first year trying it out. Seems to be some challenge.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:15 PM

My first year trying as well. Started getting the itch when I kep seeing packs of 5-6 while out late season deer hunting. Anyone here ever use the guillotine heads that just pop the head off? They look like they would be pretty inaccurate but if you pulled off the shot it would be pretty funny to have on video!
Old 01-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

My first year trying as well. Started getting the itch when I kep seeing packs of 5-6 while out late season deer hunting. Anyone here ever use the guillotine heads that just pop the head off? They look like they would be pretty inaccurate but if you pulled off the shot it would be pretty funny to have on video!
you my friend have a sick, sick mind.[8D]
Old 01-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just got my book in the mail today letting me know that I have been picked for my first spring turkey hunt this year.I think I will be trying it with my bow this year and see how it goes. Anyone have any tips for me? I would like to set up my Ameristep ground blind and try that, but dont you do more calling in the spring, and then once you have located a tom, go to him and set up? Just wondering if it would be easier with natural cover, or the Ameristep?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Been bow huntnig turkeys for about eight years now , wouldn't have it any other way.
I always use my Double Bull T5 with a love triangle set -up.
I have 4 hens and 2 jakes. I also use "the love triangle", by setting up just 3, or all 6 decoys. I set them up with the hens closest to the blind and try to make it look like the jakes are harassing them. The hens are 10 yards out with the jakes at 13. This does seem like the decoys are right outside your window, but this gets the toms much closer before they stop. When they do, they are almost always in bow range. Have you tried this? I've never tried it any other way, just curious.
Thanks

Quick Reply: turkeys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.