Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 please read,success story. >

please read,success story.

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

please read,success story.

Old 04-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default please read,success story.

im from chicago,first time turkey hunter.did my home work,read books,watched movies,practiced calls over and over.hunting in pike county il.four day hunt.three days of fustration.hunted through thunderstorms,etc.set up in the am on roosted birds with no results.ran after those birds for three days.sit and wait,run and gun,they were with hens and i walked 20 miles.did not give up.last day was today,thunderstorms ontop of me.located a bird in the a.m.,by the way what a beautifull sound of gobbling in the a.m.set up on him in a small feild 100 yards away,with one delta hen.gave two very soft tree yelps and listened.he flew down,now 60 yards away.gave him two purrs and clucks very softly.put down my call and waited.safety off in position with gun up i waited not moving,remembering the golden rule,do not move and be ready.corner of my eye i saw this beautifull bird,my knees and arms were shaking,i talked to myself,calm down,this is it,this is the scenerio i have played over and over in my mind.after strutting very slowly looking right at me in my cammo,he came into range ten feet from my deke.then my rem 870 super mag with ventilator choke and nitro 3 1/2,4,5,7,s harvested that beautifull bird.the thrill of my sporting lifetime,im hooked.24 lbs,11 inch beard,1 inch spurs.thanx for all your posts,i could not have done it without all your input.called him in with a old yellow slate,the call recommended by alot of you guys.gun setup recommended by some,nitro is worth the dough,35 yard shot,done deal.lessoned learned,never give up,hunt every legal minute and good things will happen.ill post some pictures when i can figure out this scanner.im in turkey heaven.thanx all.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: please read,success story.

love readin' them success stories
Old 04-30-2003, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

good job!! congrats.....nice bird!! when you dont bag them that big all the time dont think its because they are small...its because he is a pretty biggun! congrats!! good job!
Old 05-01-2003, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

I can' t imagine how that could get you hooked? That is one awsome bird for your first. You obviously took the time to learn and did it right. Congratulations!
Old 05-01-2003, 07:31 AM

Congrats!
Old 05-01-2003, 07:37 AM

Bud welcome to the greatest addiction in the world there is nothing like it. Congrats on a fine bird
Old 05-01-2003, 08:31 AM

Persistance and patience comes through again. Great job! I think the tougher the season, the more rewarding the eventual outcome is. Congrats.[8D]
Old 05-01-2003, 09:53 AM

Way to go!!
Old 05-01-2003, 10:40 AM

Good bird for the first time. Congratz!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 11:16 AM

Nothing Beats getting your first bird. Sounds like a picture perfect hunt. Congratts on your success and the dandy bird. Way to hang tough. We all know to well how frustrating Chaseing them old long beards can be. But when things fanally work out you can' t beat the feeling.

Quick Reply: please read,success story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.