Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

what strutter decoy??

Old 04-28-2009, 02:49 PM

Default what strutter decoy??

i had a post before asking everyones thoughts of the jake mobile. but im having second thoughts on that. ive been lookin at the peep'n tom and pretty penny. they are some SWEET looking dekes. im not sure what i should get. shoukld i get the peep'n tom or the jake mobile or some other strutter? your thoughts please! thanks
Old 04-28-2009, 03:09 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: what strutter decoy??

B-Mobile hands down......You can add a real Jake or Tom fan- real feathers you do yourself following the DVD that comes with the decoy along with a nice carrying bag that will allow you to add 2 other hen decoys. I use an old carry-lite full bodied hen and a -bobble head hen. The full body I put a biult in metal stake and I put this right on the ground directly in front of the Tom. The bobble-head is in a feeding position and is placed 10-15 yrd either side of the Tom.

I have both Pretty Boy and B-Mobile and am going to sell Pretty Boy - B-Mobile is far more mobil, easier to carry, set-up quicker and has a metal stake! You can do things like keep the fan loose so any breeze makes the tail flip up a bit. The plastic tail feather bracket that comes with the decoy can fold and fit inside B-Mobil's body for transport. I have beat the crap out of both decoys and the fan thingy has taken snow, rain, sleet, wind and dries out nicely.........

While the fan slot for the Pretty boy is starting to crack!

Now I did not pay full price for either and check out Roger's Sporting goods on the web. Google it.

I did nothing far as acolor wise with B-Mobile but did re-paint Pretty Boy......both work.....

JW
Old 04-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

JW is right. The carrylites do not fold up, and are a PIA to carry around, but they look awesome. Depends on what you want I guess. I bought the Peep'n Tom and although it looks great, its a pain to carry around. Personally, I would suggest buying a decoy that is mobile and easy to pack. When it comes to crunch time, carrying another bulky thing around is the last thing you want to do. Nonetheless, I wrote a review for the Peep'n tom a while back and it can be found here.... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3355657&mpage=1&key=&#335565 7

Check it out..
Old 04-28-2009, 03:56 PM

thanks jw and finger for your input. i can see that the carrylites arent very mobile. i am kina leaning back to the b and jake mobile way. but now im not sure between those two. is there anyway you can make the b-mobile look like a jake or isnt this necesary??
thanks
Old 04-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

The b-mobile can be made to look like a jake, just put a jake fan in it and pull in the beard a bit. This can also be done with the peep'n tom.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont tighten the fan down all the way and let it lay back a bit and like said pull the beard in a little bit. i would go with b mobile himself for the versatility of the jake and gobbler appearance.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:12 AM

ok thanks guys looks like ill probably be getting the b-mobile combo from rogers sporting goods. thats a heck of a deal. and mohunter do you mean that you wouldnt try to make the b-mbile look like a jake justleave it alone? ill probably put a jake fan on it. any other suggestions??
thanks
Old 04-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

I love my Jake-Mobile!!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

I prefer the Pretty-Boy, Its really good to bring in them big gobblers.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can use the real fan holder and make a jake fan. with the middle feathers a little taller. and the beard on B is superglued in. i just reach in and pull it in a bit.

Quick Reply: what strutter decoy??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.